Auckland, 25 August – Maa Durga Tempal, Manukau Presents “MATKI PHOD MAHOTSAV” on 27th August with the slogan “Govinda Aala Re…………”. Organizer of a unique and First time to be celebrated event in New Zealand. This event is called a MATKI (Pot) PHODD festival mainly celebrated by the Indian Community. This event involves a making a human pyramid and breaking an earthen pot tied at a convenient height.
We will be celebrating this festival on 27th August 2016 at 10am at Maa Durga Temple [4/3 Onslow Avenue, Manukau].
Our Programme for the day (27th August 2016) will be as follows :
1) At 10am the devotees gather to form a human pyramid and attempt to break the Matki (Pot) at the Maa Durga Temple located at 4/3 Onslow Avenue, Manukau.
2) At 10.30 am the devotees (approx. about 50 people) will proceed by foot to the nearby Ram Kishan Temple Located at the entrance of Onslow Avenue (3/4, Onslow Avenue) and attempt to break the Matki(Pot) tied at this Temple .
3) At 12pm arrive by Bus at Wentworth Avenue, Papatoetoe and walk in procession to The Swami Narayan Temple Located at 10-12 Wentworth Avenue and attempt to break the Matki (Pot) tied at this Temple .
4) At 1.30pm arrive by Bus at the entrance of Holmes Road, Manurewa and walk in procession to the Shiv Mandir located at 43, Holmes Road, Manurewa and attempt to break the Matki(Pot) tied at this Temple .
5) At 2.30pm arrive by Bus at the entrance of Princess Street in Onehunga and walk in a procession to the Shirdi Sai Temple located at 12-18, Princess Street, Onehunga and attempt to break the Matki (Pot) tied at this Temple .
6) At 3.30pm arrive by Bus at the entrance of Arabi Street in Balmoral and walk in procession to Bharatiya Mandir Temple located at 252-254 Balmoral Road, Auckland and attempt to break the Matki (Pot) tied at this Temple .
For program see psoter. You are welcome to join us. A you-tube animated link for the festival https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzYtFLr52J0 . If you need more details please do not hesitate to contact Vijay Gulati – Managing Trustee,
Maa Durga Temple. Tel. 021 02217292